Fullstack Developer at gridX GmbH
Munich or Aachen, Germany (Posted Mar 3 2017)
About the company
At gridX we are building a digital energy supplier that matches decentralized renewable energy producers - like photovoltaic and battery storage systems - with energy consumers. This way, we are creating a community in which energy can be used and experienced in an entirely new way. It allows you to track your current energy data (production, consumption), benchmark it with other community members and shrink your energy costs through intelligent energy management and the benefits of a community, that produces its own energy.
We are a highly dedicated team of engineers, software developers and designers that is now expanding to bring our vision to market.
- Remote work possible
Use bleeding edge technology to build a modern infrastructure laying the foundation of a next-generation energy supplier.
As one of our first software engineers, you will make important architectural and technology decision and can influence where we are heading in the long-term.
We are still a small team. This means you will need to wear many hats in the beginning but it also means there are many interesting challenges ahead that you can specialise in if you like. Things we are working on include:
- Distributed IoT Platform: We aim to create a system with no single point of failure. Therefore we are building a state-of-the-art microservices platform based on the learnings of Netflix, Twitter, and Google.
- Highly-Available Cloud-Connected IoT Device: We brought the learnings from our cloud platform to the embedded world. Aiming to create a device that can be updated at any time running. Assuring that it runs the newest software we built our own operating system for the gridBox - gridOS X.
- Data Centric Applications: Each gridBox produces plenty of data which needs to be stored, analyzed and visualized for our customers. We want to give our customers the best experience available by providing insights and visualizations of their energy consumption and production.
Skills & requirements
- You are comfortable working with both backend and frontend technologies
- You have experience building REST APIs
- You have experience with relational databases (Postgresql)
- You are comfortable using Git (GitHub) as version control systems
- You have solid understanding of software development best practices
- Bonus points: You have experience working with NoSQL databases (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Bonus points: You have a record of open source contributions
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and are comfortable with a fast paced working environment
- You are able to work independently and proactively tackle problems in a structured manner
- You want to be part of the most thrilling energy startup
Instructions how to apply
Send an email with CV and cover letter to info(at)gridx.de or visit https://gridx.onapply.de and fill out the form.
[ job website
Let them know you found the job via http://www.golangprojects.com
(Companies love to know what recruiting strategies that works)